- Master of Counselling (Hons) University of Waikato
- Diploma of Counselling Bible College of New Zealand
- Member of the New Zealand Association of Counsellor
- New Zealand Association of Counsellors (MNZAC)
- Child and Youth Advocate (2008-2009)
- ACC approved for sexual abuse
- EAP approved
- ACC Trauma Counselling and private practice (2012-2018)
- EAP counsellor (2017)
- Senior Professional and Shift Supervisor for Hormecaremedical Mental Health and Addictions 2015 – 2016).
- Manager and Counsellor for The Survivors of Sexual Violence Trust (2013 – 2014).
- Pegasus Liaison Worker – Brief Intervention Counselling (2012)
- Rata Counselling Agency – Youth Counsellor (2009 – 2012).
- Paula has worked in a variety of agency settings over the years as a counsellor, manager and supervisor. A significant part of her work has been with young people. She values people’s own knowledge about their lives and works at separating people from problems and difficulties to discover a preferred direction.
- Her areas of interest include depression, self-harm, domestic violence, sexual abuse, sexual and gender identity, grief and loss and trauma work.