- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology – AUT University
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Science (endorsed in Interpersonal Psychotherapy) (Distinction) – University of Otago
- Masters of Science in Psychology (Distinction) – University of Canterbury
- Bachelor of Arts (First Class Honours) – University of Canterbury
- I am registered with the New Zealand Psychologists Board and am a member of New Zealand Psychological Society (MNZPsS) and the Institute of Counselling Psychology.
- I am approved by ACC to complete sensitive claims assessment and treatment, and am also a certified IPT therapist.
I have experience in working with clients of all ages suffering from depression, anxiety, worry, posttraumatic stress disorder, behavioural difficulties and those with a history of trauma and abuse. I am comfortable working with a range of diagnoses, and also have experience working with “every day” issues such as stress, relationship problems, work challenges and communication difficulties.
I am trained in evidence-based therapies such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT). I also utilise a lot of mindfulness and relaxation strategies in my work. These therapies work to increase awareness and understanding of problems, as well as teach effective skills. This allows individuals to live more fulfilled lives.
As an ACC assessor I seek to provide clients with a non-threatening friendly environment and endeavour to work closely with therapist and client alike.
I have been completing ACC assessments since 2017. Prior to that I worked in private practice and with an NGO in Auckland.