- Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology (University of Canterbury) (2005)
- Master of Science – Psychology (Distinction) (University of Otago) (1998)
- Postgraduate Diploma – Psychology (Distinction) (University of Otago) (1995)
- Bachelor of Arts – Psychology (University of Otago) (1994)
- I am registered with the New Zealand Psychologists Board in the Clinical Scope of Practice see: http://www.psychologistsboard.org.nz
- I am a full member of the New Zealand College of Clinical Psychologists (NZCCP) see: http://www.nzccp.co.nz
It is of utmost importance to me that my clients feel understood, respected, validated and supported during therapy and assessment. It can be a brave and difficult decision to approach a therapist and I very much respect this. I work with adults from age 16 upwards.
I have over 15 years of specialist knowledge working with anxiety and depressive disorders. Following my training, I worked for eight years at the Anxiety Disorders Service (Canterbury District Health Board, CDHB). This work involved assessing and providing specialist up-to-date therapy for anxiety disorders. Following my eight years at the Anxiety Disorders Service, I worked at The Psychiatric Consultation Service at the CDHB. This provided me with the opportunity to work with clients with a medical condition which was impacting on their mental health, or mental health problems which were impacting on managing a medical condition. I then decided to gain specific skills in diabetes management and worked for 18 months at The Diabetes Centre at the CDHB. These positions in medical settings allowed me to use my skills in anxiety and mood management in a broader context and to develop a specialist interest in the interface between psychological and physical wellness.
In conjunction with my work at the CDHB, I started private practice in 2009 where I now work solely with either private clients or ACC funded clients (with both Sensitive Claims and Psychological Services contracts).